Sunday, May 24, 2009

Toddler Larry King

We took Sunday lunch with our good friends at their humble abode today. The sun was shining, it was hot and humid, and all was right with the world.

They have a delightful son who is 3-ish. He's cute as a button and a pretty smart little dude, and I always accuse him of stealing my pants as I chase him around tugging at his garb. I'm sure that will be funny right up until the time that he shivs me.

Anyway, he had a slight issue with his physical development, so he takes injections of growth hormones, and he's really started to beef up. Since he's starting from behind, it will probably take awhile, and like most kids his age, different parts of his body are changing at different rates. For example, his upper body is a bit further along than his lower half.

I hooked up a wiggly sprinkler contraption for him to run around and through while we were there, and he had quite the time, a joy that was contagious. There's something about watching a happy child that spreads like the pig flu.

At some point, he ditched the bathing suit and went au natural, and the contrast between his skinny, still smallish legs and his developing torso was striking. Add to it the typical curved back and forward-jutting belly of all toddlers, and I suddenly had a clever thought.

This must have been what Larry King looked like as a toddler!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think.