Friday, May 15, 2009

What a Drag It Is Getting Old

Apologies to the Stones for using a snippet of their lyrics as a blog posting title, and I understand that regardless of my condition, it beats the alternative, but please allow me to wallow in some written self-pity here.

I hurt my back yesterday.

By sneezing.


I know.


I was walking across the parking lot at 7 AM, headed to my office, laptop bag slung over my left shoulder per usual, my right hand holding aloft an umbrella that was being buffeted by rain driven wild by mischievous winds. As I walked, a tickle developed inside my nose, and kerchoooo!

Ow.


And two days later, I'm practically immobile from a combination of burning, localized pain and award-winning muscle spasms that radiate down the right side of my person.


I don't have polio or Lou Gehrig's disease, mumps or measles, and I'm not trying to one-up anyone affliction-wise. I'm just whining a bit, and wondering what lays ahead if I'm getting laid-up Gesundheit-style?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think.