Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Stink Like A Whopper

At first I thought this was something from The Onion, but it appears to be from the onion ring

There's a new scent available - Burger King Flame, a body spray that makes you stink like a Whopper. I'm really hoping this is some sort of clever marketing prop. Otherwise, I'm going to be torn between my anger for Whopper Stinkers and my outrage toward teens of all ages who bathe in Axe.

I suppose there are those among us who think it's sexy to give off the odor of 720 calories (430 from fat), thinking that girls will melt like two slices of cheese when they get a whiff of the 48 grams of fat and 1450 mg of sodium you'd be sporting. At least your dill pickle is calorie-free, although quite salty.

The  press release is classic: "The King is setting hearts ablaze for the holidays with his new scent of choice. FLAME™, a new men's body spray by Burger King Corp., features the scent of seduction with the hint of flame-broiled meat."
Just what you'd expect from a company that puts out an 800 calorie breakfast sandwich or the Fabulous French Toast Platter, comprised of three slices of French toast, two bacon strips and two sausage links, tipping the scales at 1261 calories and 79 grams of fat. After you eat that, I'm guessing your pants smell like Cheesy Tots, and you're simply looking to conceal it with a "hint of flame-broiled meat".



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think.