Sunday, August 16, 2009

Hate Groups - A Map

The Southern Poverty Law Center has put together a fascinating map of where hate groups tend to situate.

SPLC charted 926 active hate groups in 2008 by using available data such as the groups' websites and literature, law enforcement reports, and news stories. The skinheads have been lacerated by their own spadoons.

Not surprisingly, the resultant atlas shows participation that doesn't really correspond to population density. From my perch here in Judgement-ville, there does appear to be an association between the turf of hate groups and those states that cast their ballots on the McCain-Palin ticket.

I eagerly await the flood of email that will question my sexuality and love of the USA for advancing this topic. Many thanks to SPLC for giving me the chance to tweak the nose of the haters.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think.