Walker makes a couple of salient points, notably that Perlstein confuses the actual kooks with protesters of the tea-bagging ilk, and that the roots of the crazy tree grow only on the right. Neither is true, and Walker makes a convincing case in rebuttal.
So what does Walker believe are the core components of the crazy tree?
- It's always blooming somewhere.
- Lots of people try to exploit it.
- It has a life of its own.
- It isn't completely crazy.
- It blooms in the center, too.
Iamge by a natural thing via flickr