Thursday, April 30, 2009

Yum - Whole Chicken in a Can

Who thought this was a good idea?

Sweet Sue is offering canned chicken. Not new (or appetizing), but not everyone has the resources to grow their own. But most of the canned chicken I've seen is pre-chopped for your convenience.


This baby is whole. And greased up like you wouldn't believe.


It reminds me of my army days, eating C-rations in the field. There's nothing like using your P38 can opener to hack off the lid of some chicken or pork that was sealed in a metal cylinder in 1967. I especially enjoyed the wiggly layer of fat jelly that covered the top.


Judging by these photos, I'll soon be able to savor the meat jelly once again. Here's your snot, Igor.


Good Eats: A Whole Chicken in a Can



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think.