Monday, June 1, 2009

Spelling Bee

Writing in his WaltSense blog, Walt weighs in on the National Spelling Bee, which he watched on the TV box last Friday night because he's recovering from face surgery and taking in super-intelligent children performing feats of genius seemed like the right thing to do.

Aside from stale references to foreign names having way too many vowels in them (yes, we get it...the names are very long), Walt humorously commends the Bee participants for their intellectual prowess while opining that he doubts his own spawn could compete at the same level.


I tell you what? If one of my kids begins the path down this spelling bee road, I would ask for a paternity test. There is no way one of my kids would be into this.

I don’t mind if they are smart. I wasn’t stupid, I was just lazy. I can see my kids being intelligent. But being aggressive towards academics would SHOCK me.


Tough day to be one of Walt's kids, I guess.


The National Spelling Bee , via WaltSense



1 comment:

  1. Hey Skeptimist - thanks for the shout out. I like how you bust my chops on the vowels - that's my ill fated Catholic education kicking in.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think.