Friday, June 26, 2009

Hot Chile Grenades

No, that isn't a euphemism for my testicles, although I can see how many of you would make that mistake, given my proclivity for the hot & spicy.

I'm referring to plans announced by India's Defense Research and Development Organization scientists to fill hand grenades with powder made from the Bhut Jolokia pepper, known as the world's hottest.

It's easy to see the value proposition here - you've already stashed away a supply of the powder for other uses, so why not put it in some plastic grenades and use it for crowd control purposes?

I've been on the receiving end of similar grenades filled with CS powder as part of training exercises back in my Army days, and if getting doused by Bhut Jolokia powder is worse than that, then we have a winner, ladies and gents.

In case you were wondering what eating one of these babies is like, here's a sample:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think.