Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Microsoft Sept. 2009 Security Bulletin

In other Microsoft news - in case you needed more - the software giant has released their Sept. 2009 Security Bulletin, with 5 patches rated as Critical by Redmond.

Glancing at the list, it appears that since they all involve remote code execution potential, but none have known exploit code active in the wild, I'd run through patching my clients first, then my servers, with 045-047-049 a priority on the server side, especially if the server is Internet-facing.

As always, ensure that you do adequate testing before rolling these patches out in your production environment. 045 and 047 supersede earlier patches, but that doesn't mean they are guaranteed against breakage.


1 comment:

  1. Quite right! It is good idea. I support you.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think.