Friday, September 11, 2009

Worship the McRib Locator

Every man has his grail. For me, the chalice of choice contains sweet, tangy bbq sauce, dripping from a flattened sub roll, the poor man's pancetta, a machined sowbelly rectangle so rare and so wonderful that the mere mention of it causes my mouth to water.

McRib.

Ronald McDonald, cruel despot that he is, intentionally rations the McRib, or as I prefer to call it, The Mac-Rib, to the point where when it does fleetingly return to a menu board near me, I become an overnight glutton, devouring two at a sitting for a short time, until I am sick of them, swearing off the sandwich once and for all.

Oh, but you tantalizing, pork-u-licious jezebel, you bat your sliced onions at me the next time, and before I can help myself, I've fallen headlong into the sultry pit of your sauce, immersed once again in the presence of a temptress.

And now I've discovered the perfect technology to feed my addiction - the McRib Locator, a Google Maps-enabled web site that allows fellow McRib afficianados to log location sightings of the elusive sandwich.

Helpfully catalogued by <> 10 days since being seen, the ability to determine the latitude and longitude of saucy nirvana has never been easier.

Thank you, wise site creators. And damn you at the same time.

1 comment:

  1. Kevin, - in theo words of Dr. Frank N. Furter of the Rocky Horror Picture Show, "Give yourself over to absolute pleasure. Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh!"

    Bill

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think.