Monday, January 12, 2009

Shredder Calendar

While not as sensitive as some other kinds of paper documentation, how you dispose of your used calendar pages can be a fine example of how you manage your paper documents.

I present the Chrono-Shredder.

I takes a full 24 hours for the page to make it all the way through the shredder, much more slowly than, say, a witness in the movie Fargo.

The website description is a little too pessimistic, even for me: The Chrono-Shredder is a device that reminds us of the preciousness of our lifetime. It represents the passing of time by shredding the days of the year - printed on a paper roll - at a slow constant rate. To shred one day takes 24 hours. There is no "off"-button. As the seconds pass by, the tattered remains of the past pile up under the device... 
Great, make me face my mortality each time I want to know what day it is. If only the paper roll was the actual length of your life - it would be interesting to know how long I have left.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think.