Sunday, November 16, 2008

God Angrily Clarifies 'Don't Kill' Rule

From The Onion:

"Look, I don't know, maybe I haven't made myself completely clear, so for the record, here it is again," said the Lord, His divine face betraying visible emotion during a press conference near the site of the fallen Twin Towers. "Somehow, people keep coming up with the idea that I want them to kill their neighbor. Well, I don't. And to be honest, I'm really getting sick and tired of it. Get it straight. Not only do I not want anybody to kill anyone, but I specifically commanded you not to, in really simple terms that anybody ought to be able to understand."

1 comment:

  1. Technically, Jews debate if God meant Thou Shalt Not Kill or Thou Shalt Not Murder. (http://www.ucalgary.ca/~elsegal/Shokel/001102_ThouShaltNotMurder.html)

    Islam hedges a bit with "17:33: And do not take any human being's life - that God willed to be sacred - other than in [the pursuit of] justice." Don't even get me started on defining Justice.

    Buddhism "Thou shalt not kill that which has life", which, as one of the five commandments of Buddhism sits right next to "Thou shalt not drink any intoxicating liquor" (as though liquor which is NOT intoxicating is worth drinking).

    So while the alleged Christian God is fairly clear on that whole Thou Shalt Not Kill thing, he and his (or her for my womyn friends - and Andrea Dworkin, who is not definitively either)buddies could use a pow-wow to synch up their message(s).

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think.