Tuesday, May 4, 2010

EFF - Six Things to Know About Facebook Connections

Each time Facebook makes a change to their privacy practices, it pisses me off a little bit more.

So you can guess how infuriated I was when I learned about "Connections", and I immediately deleted several sections of my information.

But was it enough?

According to the Electronic Frontier Foundation, probably not.

  1. Facebook will not let you share any of this information without using Connections.
  2. Facebook will not respect your old privacy settings in this transition.
  3. Facebook has removed your ability to restrict its use of this information.
  4. Facebook will continue store and use your Connections even after you delete them.
  5. Facebook sometimes creates a Connection when you "Like" something
  6. Facebook sometimes creates a Connection when you post to your wall.

Facebook, I've given it a shot, but the truth is, I'm just not that into you.

Full disclosure - I'm an EFF member and contributor.

Image via Wikimedia Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think.