So you can guess how infuriated I was when I learned about "Connections", and I immediately deleted several sections of my information.
But was it enough?
According to the Electronic Frontier Foundation, probably not.
- Facebook will not let you share any of this information without using Connections.
- Facebook will not respect your old privacy settings in this transition.
- Facebook has removed your ability to restrict its use of this information.
- Facebook will continue store and use your Connections even after you delete them.
- Facebook sometimes creates a Connection when you "Like" something
- Facebook sometimes creates a Connection when you post to your wall.
Facebook, I've given it a shot, but the truth is, I'm just not that into you.
Full disclosure - I'm an EFF member and contributor.
Image via Wikimedia Commons