Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Sharp Blade of Truth

Roger Cohen, writing in his NY Times column, illustrates the areas in which Barack Obama stood apart from his competitors, and how that has improbably led Cohen to support Obama in the upcoming presidential election.

Cohen points to this passage specifically: Of the countless words Barack Obama has uttered since he opened his campaign for president on an icy Illinois morning in February 2007, a handful have kept reverberating in my mind:

“For as long as I live, I will never forget that in no other country on earth is my story even possible.”

It's a very good read, especially if you can see the connection between Obama and the America a lot of us remember and wish to recreate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think.