Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Microsoft Security Bulletin for July 2009

In their monthly patch release, Microsoft has included six lovely patches to be rolled out, addressing at least 9 open CVEs. There are a couple that you should get to right away.

MS09-028 deals with multiple vulnerabilities in DirectX, and since it's being actively exploited, you should deploy the fix ASAP.

MS09-032 is a cumulative killbit set for video ActiveX, but be warned that there are additional killbits outside of those included in this release that you'll need to deal with given recently reported exploits. Again, there are active exploits in the wild for this one, so don't dally, Sally.

Several others would be considered critical, which in this case means roll them out quickly after your normal QA processes have validated that they don't render anything inoperable.

For more info, check out the Microsoft Security Response Center .

4 comments:

  1. Hey i am new here. Hopefully i mighnt be able to contribute to this website, Just though i would come to say hi!

    thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya im new here and think this forum is good. I am going to contribute here and hopefully stick around! just wanted to say hi.

    Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's Happening im new here. I came accross this forum I find It quite accommodating & it's helped me out a lot. I hope to give something back and guide others like it has helped me.

    Thanks, See You Later

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heya im fresh here. I hit upon this message board I have found It extremely helpful & its helped me out alot. I hope to give something back and support other users like it has helped me.

    Thank You, See You Later.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think.