Friday, February 27, 2009

Brains in Milk Gravy vs. Crestor

As I get older and continue to lose my battle against cholesterol and trigylcerides, statin medication has joined my daily regimen to help me accomplish what watching my diet (and lack of exercise) cannot.

I've become somewhat fanatical about tracking what I eat, logging the nutritional value of everything that passes through my pie hole in a handy iPhone application. In all seriousness, this obsessive behavior has led me to make better food choices in the month or so I've been using it.

So I was shocked, and suddenly nauseated, to see this floating around on the internets - pork brains in milk gravy. Who attended the meeting where it was decided to market this offal?


1,170% of your USDA recommended daily allowance of cholesterol. That's all I have to say about that.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think.